Blog Your Way To The Bottom! I learned something about golf today. The golfer with the lowest score wins. Kevin Sousa told me.
Kevin Sousa is my blog guru who encouraged me to create this blog. He was explaining to me (patiently for the third time) that my low ranking was good on Alexa. Excellent. Cheers!
“The websites that have a lower ranking score, have more relevant content, are more popular and/or have more incoming links than websites with higher scores.”
I wasn’t sure who Alexa is, but the name sounds kinda sexy.
Kevin tried again. “In essence, the ‘lower’ the web site scores at Alexa.com, the “higher” its rank.” Wow. I’ve only been doing this for two weeks and I have a hot blog!
Out of curiosity I asked what the ranking is for BJ Gallagher and Mac Anderson who co-authored “my” book Learning To Dance In The Rain, The Power of Gratitude. It’s based on my quote (Mac’s favorite).
Giggle, giggle, giggle. My sexy rating is lower (like better) than both of their personal websites and I’ve only done 11 posts in two weeks! I haven’t even attempted to market this or anything …yet. Giggle, giggle….Don’t tell Mac, but BJ’s is lower (better) than Mac’s too. You really need to Blog Your Way to The Bottom!
Now, I find this very exciting. Because Mac has been an idol of mine for decades. He owned the Successories stores in most major malls throughout the country, and my Kisses™ and Juvenile Delinquent (naughty but nice) Greeting cards were in every mall, too.
We both love putting together words and pictures. I wanted to do a photographic line and write captions for him. When I sent him some material, he wrote me the nicest note. He said he could tell from my writing that I had a “heart as big as Texas.” I couldn’t wait to work together. He is a marketing genius!
My own work had been published in 24 countries. I wrote a daily and Sunday comic strip, several books, both inspirational and children’s. The children’s books are in schools and libraries forever, I guess. Kisses™ books are used to teach English in Japan. and adorn hundred of products . I’ve been involved in writing, designing, product development, licensing and speaking for three decades.
Mac’s a tycoon at the business helm. He founded Simple Truths, and put forth his expertise – and client list I suppose – to grow his success with motivational gift books.
He has that Midas touch. He was the founder and CEO of McCord Travel, the largest travel company in the Midwest, and part owner/VP of sales and marketing for Orval Kent Food Company, where they made inspirational (prepared) salad.
People love my website VivianGreene.com, but I love doing this blog even more because I can personally do it without waiting for a webmaster to help me. I love working with Kevin and I am going to really dance with Mac and Simple Truths. Together, we’ll reach hearts bigger than Texas. Are you ready, world?
=*=-Mac Anderson’s Top 20 Quotes -=*=
• Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass…
it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
• Sometimes our candle goes out, but is blown into flame
by an encounter with another human being.
• When we have done our best, we should wait the result in peace.
• Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
• Inch by inch, life’s a cinch. Yard by yard, life is hard.
• To love what you do and feel that it matters –
how could anything be more fun?
• Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples,
don’t count on harvesting golden delicious.
• You can have anything you want in life if you
just help enough other people get what they want.
• Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
• A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
• We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
• What lies behind us, and what lies before us,
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
• We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
• You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
• Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base
and keep your foot on first.
~Frederick B. Wilcox
• A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
• The key is not to prioritize what’s on the schedule,
but to schedule your priorities.
• All things are difficult before they are easy.
• Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
• Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do,
something to love, and something to hope for…
-=*=- -=*=- -=*=–=*=- -=*=- -=*=–=*=-
Vivian Greene’s Top 2 quotes by Mac
• The right words can engage the brain and bring an idea to life.
• Less is always more.
Blog Your Way To The Bottom!
Invest In Love inc
“All that is real is seen with the heart.”
© 2009 – 2011, Vivian Greene. All rights reserved.